Here at Ganapati, we offer a wide range of beautiful handmade products from all over the world! Each product comes with its own unique story.
We learn these stories behind our products from the artisans themselves; and we strive to respect both them and their stories as linked together with their culture, traditions, and natural environments.
We hope to empower these artisans by ensuring that they are fairly compensated for their work; with a long term goal of uplifting the social and economic life and their communities by fostering long term and affirming relationships with them.
Every purchase you make allows the artisans to continue to follow their artistic passions as well as improving their lives and those of their family!
About the founder
Ganapati was founded by a Taiwanese woman, Yian Chang, who has a passion for artisanal craft. She started her business in local artisan markets in South Florida in order to cut out the middlemen and bring the best value to her customers.
Why did we choose Ganapati as our trademark?
Ganapati is a Hindu word for the elephant god who is the patron of arts and sciences and divine intellect and wisdom.
The elephant god ‘Ganapati’ is childlike, kind and deeply empathizes with people.
Hindu people believe that elephants are the most gentle, friendly, and determined animals. They are very moral and have a long memory.
We hope this brand will resonate with our customers. Although we are adults who are involved with the concerns of the world, we can always maintain the heart of a child and not forget to treat the people around us tenderly and kindly.
We use natural, durable materials and eco-friendly pigments wherever possible. What's more, we are committed to keep our plastic consumption as its lowest.
We have partnered with some of the most talented artisans all over the world. We ensure that we source our products from making group that either are Fair Trade certified, or from small groups practicing the Fair Trade principles but without the means to obtain certification.
We ensure all of our artisans are paid fair wages and have a good working conditions, which helps them to keep on following their artistic passions while providing for their families.
In addition, we are committed to uplifting the communities by fostering long term and affirming relationships with our making group.
We are working directly with our talented artisans in various countries such as Nepal, Cuba, Thailand, and Taiwan, communicating intensively with them to acquire excellent quality of products.
In sum, we aims to promote sustainable, fairly-traded and global gifts with excellent quality for the socioeconomic empowerment of artisans, especially women.
What is Fair Trade?
Fair Trade organizations have a clear commitment to Fair Trade as the principal core of their mission. They, backed by consumers, are engaged actively in supporting producers, awareness raising and in campaigning for changes in the rules and practice of conventional international trade. They can be recognized by the WFTO logo.
Fair Trade is more than just trading: it proves that greater justice in world trade is possible. It highlights the need for change in the rules and practice of conventional trade and shows how a successful business can also put people first.
10 Fair Trade Principles
- Support producers to have access to basic social services (health, education, savings)
- Companies with employees share annual reports and audit reports to the stakeholders.
- Conduct business and trade for the social, economic and environmental well-being of producers.
- Price each product so that an acceptable margin of profit can be made by the manufacturer and reseller, and a fair wage can be made by the workers.
- Do not allow child labor or forced labor.
- Provide opportunities for all the workers regardless of their sex or social origin.
- Ensure that work is carried out under humane working conditions.
- Develop the skills of producers and create better opportunities for trading their products.
- Support and advocate campaigns for fair trade development, and educate consumers, policy makers and general public about fair trade.
- Encourage environmentally-friendly processes and sustainable management of natural resources, as well as the use of local skills and materials.
Visit Our Shop in Jupiter FL
3356 W Mallory Blvd, Jupiter, FL, 33458.
- Mon - Fri 12pm to 7pm
- Sat 11am to 5pm
After hours appointments welcome!